Tuesday 16 July 2013

Week Starting 9th July 2013

Well another week and more 'New' Blu Rays to add to the Collection.

The Last Stand 'Gold Edition' Steelbook
Fig 1. Another Great Looking Pich-Up 'The Last Stand' Gold Edition Has A Beautiful Gold Finish
 
Not content with owning 'The Last Stand' HERO PACK. I decided to do a double dip, I do,  do it when things come out that are rare or Very Limited..
And this is one of them.. with a DTS HD MASTER AUDIO 7.1 and 2.40:1 Aspect Ratio you really can't go wrong with this collectable Steelbook. If you do like the look of it and fancy picking it up then why not try Ebay.. prices are still at a medium premium around £40.00
 
Fig 2. The Rear J- Card/Backing Paper is Removable.. With what I have seen a picture of Arnold On the Back
 
 
The Evil Dead 2013
Fig 1. I Had to Pick This One up Early as I Missed it at the Cinema. Again Nice Artwork
 
With this movie out in the states nearly a month before the UK, I decided to import this one from a company I use quite a lot and the link will be at the bottom of the page so please have a look at the site. Now back to the Movie.
 
Fig 2. The Back of the Slip Has Very Nice Pictures, if Not a Little Shocking.
 
With its much built up hype (well in the UK anyway) I was looking forward to seeing this and turning up my system to 'Scare' volume. I will do a full review on my Youtube page within the next few weeks, so stayed tuned. But for those not into YouTube, I can say it's NOT a remake its what the front cover says its a 'NEW' Vision. It hardly anything like the original except the fact that there is a Cabin in the Woods and A cellar with a possessed girl.. But I must say it is a Good film not Great but hey.. Horror is hard to do these days.. Isn't It.?
 
Fig 3. I Just Wish There was More Inside Art Like This.. On Amaray or Steelbooks These Days..
 
It Does have a DTS MASTER AUDIO 5.1 Track and is Presented in Glorious 1080p at 2.39:1.
Go Get it and Watch it in a Darkened Room with the Sound up... Scary indeed?
just remember what will happen if you don't....  'We'll Rip Your Soul Out'
 
AND FINALY
 
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters
 
Fig 1. The Extended Cut of the Movie, not The 3D Version.
 
Oh I love me a bedtime fairy tale.. 'Red Riding Hood', 'The 3 Bears' and 'Hansel & Gretel'.
This is the Latter and like the movie mentioned above, much hype. But to me I think this lived up to it. Action is fast paced. Effects are spot on and not to out of touch and the acting is pretty good.
 
Fig 2. See from Great Artwork to A Blinking Mess.. Just To Much Going On..
 
While the movie itself came across good in my opinion, I think the soundtrack is what made the movie stand out for me. From the Whistle of Gattling Gun Bullets to Witches Cackles, it all comes across crystal Clear in the DOLBY TRUE HD AUDIO 5.1 track and with a Crisp if not sometimes Dark Picture framed at 2.40:1. To me it's well worth adding to your collection.
 
 
So Once Again, if your after Exclusive Steelbooks and Extended Editions, then why not have a look at the Amazon site and for the imported titles then try DVDWORLD.COM. I will leave a link below to this set if anybody's interested.
Cheers for looking guys and girls, and look out for a FULL review.

DVDWORLD.Com
Amazon.co.uk

If you like what you see and are interested in Blu Ray's and Steelbooks as well as Home Cinema of course then let me know on the Contact Me page.
 
DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
MovieCaveDave
I REVIEW BLU RAY'S, DO UNBOXINGS AND COLLECTIONS
 
Let Me Know In The Comments Below
 Or Better Still Follow Me With Google +
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment