Monday 22 July 2013

Get Modded, Not Mugged By Regional Coding

Regional Coding Problems And A Player To Crack Them. But At What Price.?
Ladies And Gentlemen I Give You The
The Panasonic DMP-BDT130 Multi Region Blu Ray Player
 
 
Well I think after over 60+ posts I deserve to have a little rant and I think I will start with Region coding.
Now ever since the good old day of VHS we have had some sort of coding and that's either PAL or NTSC, then along came Laserdisc and with that 99.9% of the players sold had NTSC capability so it seemed that coding wasn't a issue of sorts anymore. Then came DVD and where did we end up not just 2 region codes, but 6.. so companies sprung up everywhere that would sell you a multi-region player for an extra £30-50. And that to US collectors of worldwide films was a blessing, we could then start to import movies from all over the world.. COOL
Well for a few years at least.. Until along came Blu Ray. But the rumours around the AV camp fire was that there was going to be NO region coding..
Little did we know that there was but as the so called experts say 'It's Only 3 Regions'. Well that's 2 to many for me.
 
 
Fig 1. The Panny is Very un-fussy, something I like
 
 
So I have over the last month got so Pissed Off (and I'm sorry for the swearing) with other country's mainly the United States getting some amazing releases and re-releases of some classic and cult films and I'll name just few of my favourites. "Monster Squad", "They Live", "Dog Soldiers" and "The Fog". that I decided to finally take the Multi Region Blu Ray leap of faith and bought myself a Modded Player.
And do you know what It's the BEST £200.00 I've EVER spent.
 
Fig 2. A hidden Slot Holds A USB Port And A SD Card Slot..Nice
 
 
I have looked for ages and pondered for many, many years about buying a Multi Region Blu Ray player but as our country has started to be a little more easy on the cutting of our movies and even offering UNCUT editions, I wasn't to bothered. But I now find, like I mentioned above that we have less studios wanting to buy up the rights to some brilliant movies, so US the public can view them in all there HD glory. So I used a company called Multi-Region Magic.
 
Fig 3. The Remote Comes With A Dedicated Netflix Button.. If You Like To Stream.
 
So ALL I have to do now to switch region codes is to power off the player, press 1 for Region A, Press 2 for Region B and 3 for Region C. Easy and brilliant.
So I urge ALL that want to import region A discs to go down this route as films can be cheaper, there's lots for sale on Ebay and your collection can only grow.. Bonuses all round I think.
Give them a call they have many different models and service is A1. If you can't or don't want to buy a new player then send yours off and get it chipped at a little fee. Or you can Do It Yourself, but I must stress It's for Advanced Solders Only.. So that put me right out.
Seriously Please save yourselves and Get Modded, Not Mugged.
 
Link is down below
 
 
Multi Region Magic

DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
MovieCaveDave
I REVIEW BLU RAY'S, DO UNBOXINGS AND COLLECTIONS
 
Going to grab one?..
Or just Starting to get a little annoyed about movies you wish you owned?..
Let Me Know In The Comments Below
Or Better Still Follow Me With Google +
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment