Monday 11 March 2013

Why Should I Get Into Home Cinema

Fig 1. My Home Cinema/Lounge



Everybody has a favourite movie, from a Hollywood blockbuster to an art house film. A home cinema surround sound system with its immersive audio qualities and hard hitting bass will bring all those memorable moments back to life, letting you relive them over and over again, all in the comfort of your own home.I started way back at the end of VHS and as with of us oldie Home Cinema fans there was only one movie that changed it all.'Star Wars',I hear you say...Nope not for me..
For me its was 'Jurassic Park' at my local multiplex..After that I made my way down to my nearest install shop.
Technosound in Milton Keynes.
And this is where my Additction,Story And Enthusiasm Began..
since that day I have had many components and seen formats come and go,but one thing stays the same..My love of Home Cinema...
In my blog im going to be looking at Blu Rays,Steelbooks and what you need to get started.
so Join me and lets explore together...


Fig 2. My Rear Speakers
 
I have managed over the years to upgrade my kit from Dolby Pro Logic to Dolby Digital and DTS and now with the new era of HD audio Dolby True HD and DTS Master Audio. This consists of a 5.1 array which for those who are new to Home Cinema means you have 5 speakers.
A left,Centre and Right speaker at the front of the system and in the middle is your display either a TV or if you have room a projector (more on that later) and to the rear is the 4th and 5th speaker just seated behind the listeners ears around ear height or just above (see above picture)
 
"Anybody hear that? It's a, um... It's an impact tremor, that's what it is... I'm fairly alarmed here"
Dr Ian Malcolm 'Jurassic Park'
 
The .1 of the 5.1 set up is in my opinion just as important as the centre speaker as it adds impact and depth to a movie. Ever been to the Cinema and felt your chest thump from an explosion or from a clap of thunder?, well that my friends is bass.
so there you have it 5.1 in a nutshell or case whichever your prefer
 
next up I will try to explain to you about placement and what each speaker should do in your system.
 
 Next  'Do I really  Need That Many Speaker's'
 
 




1 comment: